10 Nov 2009

After the Battle

I'll keep this short because we seem to be on a ration of an hour of broadband each evening (thanks BT, that's really great of you).  I've started work on the next part; a description of the Saxon prisoner (probably, it's only suggested implicitly that it's him) wandering around the heath after the battle.  He's pretty worked up about things.  I've gone for first-person to really explore his feelings in that situation.

In another strand of the story there's a hermit who spends some time wandering around on a moor after a battle.  So far, I'm happy that I'm not repeating myself, but it's getting a bit close for comfort.  Things would improve if I had some things to contrast between the two of them.  Overall, this piece needs a bit of meditation and some extra depth adding.  Perhaps it would be beneficial to go and wander around on a moor.  Whatever I do, it needs some careful thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment